The Santa Cruz Valley Citizens Council, Inc. is a non-profit Arizona corporation, whose purpose is to inform and educate its members about local and regional issues affecting the community, and to express the views of members regarding such issues.
When and Where We Meet:
The SCVCC meets from September through May at 9:00 AM on the third Monday of each month (unless otherwise noticed) at the Tubac Community Center located at 50 Bridge Road.
Membership in the SCVCC provides an opportunity to:
- get involved in your community and get to know your neighbors,
- learn about important issues that affect our local area, and
- provide input on current and future solutions that will benefit us all
Tonight - Candidates' Forum
Thursday, October 13th at 5:30 p.m. at Rio Rico High School
Nineteen candidates for six important county offices will appear tonight. They will answer questions moderated by Nogales International Publisher Manuel Coppola.
The 480+ members of the Santa Cruz Valley Citizens Council have influenced a wide range of issues shaping the character and future of our community, including:
- Border Patrol Checkpoint - The SCVCC is working with state and local officials to have the I-19 checkpoint removed.
click to Join us...
- Planning & Zoning / Development
- Utility Rates and Structure
- Power Transmission Lines
- The Santa Cruz River
- Community Supported Agriculture
- Presidio State Park / Ron Morriss Park
- Tumacacori Highlands Wilderness Area
- Rosemont Mine
- Interstate 19 Signs
Officers & Representatives
President: Jim Patterson
1st VP: Sue Maurer
2nd VP: Harry Peck
Treasurer: Larry McCarty
Secretary: Deirdre Eshleman
Executive Board Member: Earl Wilson
Executive Board Member: Mike Bader
Dist. 1 Rep: Dick Blake
Dist. 2 Rep: Charlie Meaker/Mindy Maddock
Dist. 3 Rep: Claire McJunkin/Lisa Ault
Dist. 4 Rep: Patricia Thompson/Peter Benequista
Dist. 5 Rep: Jacquie Brooks/Pat Hamilton
Dist. 6 Rep: Jennifer Tougas
Dist. 7 Rep: Barbara Hill/Cathy Angel